Monday, January 4, 2010

Review: The Good Girl's Guide to Getting Kidnapped by Yxta Maya Murray


The Good Girl's Guide to Getting Kidnapped by Yxta Maya Murray
Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 272 pages
Publisher: Razorbill (January 7, 2010)
Rating: 5/5

Michelle has finally got her life on track and has a wonderful opportunity to get into a nice private school. She has awesome grades and is even a great athlete. She has a terrific foster father and a super duper best friend; Kiki, but she also has a past that refuses to let her go.

I Loved this book which is a pleasant surprise because I didn't think I would! Yxta really has done a super wonderful job with the language and settings for this. I was sucked in with the first page like a Hoover vacuum in a sandpile!

There were times that I felt I was in the story maybe even Michelle herself! It was just such a kick ass book with lots of action and I really felt for Michelle. She was really struggling inside even amidst all the danger her and Kiki was in trying to figure out where she really belonged.

The ending however left me with mixed feelings because it doesn't really end. It just sort of comes to a point and leaves it up to you to decide what you think happens next. I feel like it was left this way maybe because there is going to be a sequel or at least I hope so anyhow because it was soooooo good!

Review Copy Provided by Publisher

Photobucket

1 comments:

MissA said...

Good review. i just read another review on this book and it too didnt like the ending. I'm not a fan of endings that are unclear about there being as equel, I want to know! lol. I love feisty, cool, kick butt heroines soo I definitely want to read this book :)