Friday, October 16, 2009

Redneck Cinderella - LuAnn McLane


Genre: Chick Lit

Series/Standalone: Standalone
Pages: 286
Copyright: 2009
My Rating: 4/5

Synopsis: "Raised by her widowed father, Jolie Russell could keep up with any man until wealthy and sexy land developer Cody Dean struts into her life. Cody buys the Russell farm with an impossible-to-refuse multimillion-dollar offer, then relocates Jolie and her dad to the Copper Creek Estates. But the country club atmosphere isn’t ready for Jolie’s kind of country. As her two worlds collide, Jolie wonders how she can capture Cody’s heart without giving up her grits.
 
I loved this book from the first time Jolie opened her mouth! Being from "The South" myself it was a charming and refreshing read for me filled with our redneck antics and I giggled thru the entire story!
 
Jolie is like a breath of fresh air in this rags to riches fantasy tale trying to win her prince charming but still struggling to hang on tight to her bred in redneck roots. I found myself edging her on against all those tight lipped upper crusted snobs and wished her to smack a few of them to their senses.
 
A true delight for any Southern gal. You want be ready to put it down til you finish it!

0 comments: