Monday, December 21, 2009

Review: Bait For Lunch by K. A. Okagaki



Bait For Lunch by K. A. Okagaki
Reading level: Ages 9-12
Paperback: 28 pages
Publisher: 4RV Publishing LLC
ISBN-10: 0981868584
ISBN-13: 978-0981868585
Rating: 5/5
Review Copy Provided by Author

"Gilroy Tanaka thinks Grandpa staying with him while Mom and Dad are away will be a treat. Poor Gilroy's delight turns to shock when his grandfather serves octopus for dinner and squid kabobs for lunch. What's a hungry kid supposed to do?"

This was a really funny childrens book and reminded me so much of myself when I was younger and my folks tried to get me to sample "different" foods and I wouldn't have none of it. No Way! Our little girl loved the book but I dont think it inspired her to eat the octopus just yet!

Outside of being fun and an easy read I enjoyed that this book was broke into small chapters even as short as it was to get small children used to reading chapter books.


Photobucket

0 comments: