Sunday, January 17, 2010

Review: Monster Republic by Ben Horton



Monster Republic by Ben Horton

Paperback: 288 pages
Publisher: Corgi Childrens (January 1, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 055256057X
ISBN-13: 978-0552560573
Rating: 5/5

Synopsis: An explosion in a nuclear power plant. Kids patched up with scavenged body parts and bionic implants. A growing army of superhuman soldiers programmed for destruction. 'No', whispered Cameron to the monster in the glass. And he watched it shaking its hideous head. 'That's not me. You're not me'. As commercial and compelling as a computer game, this is the first book in a major new series.

Review: IN one word; Explosive! I devoured this book and am anxious for the next installment! Nonstop action from the first page! At first I felt pity and sadness for the Monsters and what Dr Fry had done to them but as you get into the story you begin to see them as more than pitiful beings and more as super hero's in the making. I want to see what happens between Cameron, Slater, and Rora. I am wondering if that will open up into a love triangle or if Dr Fry will bring back Marie? Okay I am gonna hush before I release any spoilers but ya'll this was a really really dynomite debut and I can't wait for book 2!!

Enjoy the trailer.




Also posted at http://www.teensreadtoo.com/
Review Copy Provided by Author/Publisher

Photobucket

2 comments:

Eleni said...

I'm glad you liked this book! I just bought it so I hope I like it as much as you did :)

Sharon said...

That sounds intense! Thanks for the intro.