Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Reviews:Coraline by Neil Gaiman


Coraline by Neil Gaiman
Reading level: Ages 9-12
Paperback: 176 pages
Publisher: HarperFestival; Mti Rep edition (October 28, 2008)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0061649694
ISBN-13: 978-0061649691
Rating: 4/5

I watched the movie and read the book this weekend and this is the first time I can honestly say I have no preference which I liked better! They both were pretty cool. I only noticed one major difference from the book to the movie and that is in the movie Coraline has a friend tagging along and in the book she doesn't.


Coraline is a bored little girl whoses parents are far to busy to play with her and she must make up games to amuse herself in her new family home. While exploring she finds a locked door and upon entering it she finds herself in an apartment just like hers with parents just like hers except not so much like hers in that they have button eyes and cater to her every joy. Coraline must determine if the grass is greener on the other side or if she is happier with her world as she knows it.

This was the cutest and strangest book/movie I have watched in a while!



Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OK I feel stupid I did not even KNOW it was a book - how cool, I will need to pick it up, the movie looks cute and strange! :)

Zia said...

Love both the book and the movie. Of course I am a little biased. I'm a huge Neil Gaiman fan.