Friday, November 20, 2009

Review: Dark Stranger by Susan Sizemore


Dark Stranger by Susan Sizemore
Publisher: Pocket Star
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Pages: 384 pages
My Rating: 3 / 5

Summary: A twist of fate made Zoe Pappas heir to the Byzant throne. Bound by duty and devotion to keep the Empire safe, Zoe is captured while on a secret diplomatic mission and sent to an underground prisoner-of-war camp. In this strange, shadowy place, residents are governed by fellow inmate General Matthias "Doc" Raven, whose powerful magnetism rouses an urgent desire in Zoe. But the intensity of her attraction is matched by her surprise at discovering that Doc has a secret of his own: he is a vampire.

Zoe's presence puts everyone in the camp in danger. Doc knows it, and knows too that Zoe's royal status makes it impossible for her to bond with a vampire. The only way to save her is to help her escape, and lose her forever. But some fires are impossible to quench, even when following your heart is the ultimate taboo....

My Review: Sadly I have to say I had a tough time getting into Dark Stranger. I feel like if I had read Susan’s Prime Series first I could have taken to this one better and enjoyed it more and I am going to do that and reread Dark Stranger again and re-review it.

The characters I think I could enjoy even with Zoe being so shallow. I just really don’t care for her. It’s difficult believing she is heir to a throne. Doc Raven on the other hand was a very likable character with a strong air of personality about himself.

Review Copy provided by publisher.
Photobucket

0 comments: