Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Review: The Recipe Club by Andrea Israel & Nancy Garfinkel



The Recipe Club by Andrea Israel & Nancy Garfinkel
Hardcover: 368 pages
Publisher: Harper
Genre: Fiction
Rating:5/5

I LOVED this book! It opens with emails being sent between two old friends, Val and Lilly, who have not spoken in 26 years because of a disagreement and slowly progresses with them becoming friends again and reminicing about the past when they had a recipe club where they would mail recipes and letters back and forth.

The recipes are printed up for actual use so I have to say this book easily doubles as a cookbook! Hooray! and some yummy recipes they are too!!

I enjoyed the way the books story was told thru the recipes and made up into email like pages between them. It was a quick easy read and I highly recommend it to everybody who loves recipes and/or has ever had a BFF spat!

Review Copy provided by publisher.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Steph said...

This sounds like a really fun read -- recipes are a bonus. :-)

Jen said...

I agree! I am a sucker for anything with a recipe in it even the cozy romances.

I'm not knocking the cover on this book it is pretty in its own way but had I judged it by the cover I never would have even picked it up I doubt. So glad I did because it was really really awesome!

HODGEPODGESPV said...

have you tried any of the recipes? did they come out? AND have you read Like Water for Chocolate? if not, run, don't walk to the nearest library or books store! you will be glad you did! and you can watch the movie in spanish with subtitles or voice dubbing. i watch it every time it come on!