Monday, December 7, 2009

Review: The Temples of Light by Danielle Rama Hoffman


The Temples of Light by Danielle Rama Hoffman
Genre: Non-Fiction
Publisher: Bear & Company
Paperback: 256 pages
Rating: 4 / 5


Synopsis: Danielle Rama Hoffman opens up sacred rites of passage that historically have been kept secret to forge a relationship with the temples of Egypt as allies and spirit guides. For example, the temple of Sakkara is associated with abundance; the temple of Abydos with remembering. The initiations in this book awaken intuition and the Sahu--the fully realized self--allowing connections to the power, magic, and wisdom of such sacred symbols as the Flower of Life, the Djed Pillar (the backbone of Osiris), the Ka, and the energy body. Hoffman’s guided meditations, rituals, and exercises also raise the reader’s vibration level, as we move from the Piscean to the Aquarian age. Embodying the wisdom of the open heart of these temples imparts a shift in consciousness from fear to bliss, from powerlessness to empowerment, opening the body, mind, and spirit to the infinite possibilities within. The book also includes a 50-minute CD of a guided journey of the Sphinx.

My Thoughts: Although I usually dont have much faith in things of this nature I would still like to say I have an open mind and am not totally against it either. This was very interesting reading and I feel I learned alot of knowledge on ancient Egypt and the exercises were totally great!  I must add that although I am somewhat of a sceptic, some of the exercises I did from the book put me in a peacful position and I plan on doing them again! A well written and easy to follow book!

Review Copy provided by Publisher.
 



Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore pretty much anything to do with ancient Egypt. I'll have to check this out.

Jen said...

I doubt you will be dissapointed! It's very informative and written in a way that is really easy reading. I forgot to mention it has some beautiful color photo's of the pyramids and temples!

Sharon said...

Sounds interesting! I've read a several of fictional books set in ancient Egypt. It is about time to read a non-fiction. thanks for the tip!

Unknown said...

Dear Jennifer,
Just stopping by to thank you for reviewing The Temples of Light and for sharing the book with your readers. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the book and found the exercises beneficial. I will check back to see if anyone has any questions about The Temples of Light.
With heartfelt appreciation,
Danielle Rama Hoffman
Author of The Temples of Light