Saturday, October 31, 2009

Monthly Mixer Mele

Monthly Mixer Mele

All you have to do is read a book that begins with a letter of each month or read a book that begins with the authors name (first or last name, doesn’t matter).

There are 74 letters so you will have to have 74 different books to complete the challenge. Books can however be used to complete other challenges.

You don’t have to do the months in any kind of order, just fill in books as you go along until you have each letter a book by it.

Challenge begins November 1, 2009 and ends November 2, 2010 so you have a whole year to complete! Lets break out them books and get busy!

N
O
Visions of Sugar Plums by Janet Evanovich
E
M
Bitter Night - Diana P Francis
E
R



Dark Stranger by Susan Sizemore
E
Chocolate: A Love Story by Max Brenner
E
M
Back to the Bedroom by Janet Evanovich
E
R



J
A
N
U
A
R
Y



From Darkness To Light by Lynn Christopher Roby
E
Bite Me If You Can by Lynsay Sands
R
U
A
R
Y



M
A
R
Cemetery Gates by MaryAnn Paige
How to Lower Your Cholesterol With French Gourmet Food by Chef Alain Braux





A
P
R
I
Life After 187 by Wade J Halverson



M
A
Y



J
U
N
E



J
U
Love Finds You in Lonesome Prairie Montana by Goyer and Fleiss
Y


A
U
Girl on Top by Nichole Willams
U
Spot the Plot by J. Patrick Lewis
The Magic Warble by Victoria Simcox



Stranger In Paradise by Robert Parker
E
P
The Secret of Joy by Melissa Senate
E
M
B
E
R



O
C
The Christmas Secret by Donna VanLiere
O
B
E
R


If you decide to join me in the 2009/2010 Monthly Mixer Mele, create a post on your blog telling others about this event. In your post, be sure to include the link to this post on your blog. That way others can find their way here and join in the fun!

When you sign up under Mr. Linky, list the direct link to your post where your books will be listed in the URL spot.

No need to link your reviews to here just come back and let us know how your coming along in this same post. :) 

The most important thing is to have fun!




26 comments:

AlleluiaLu said...

Hi! I'm game for this challenge. As I said on my post, there aren't really any tough letters in the names of the months - except maybe "Y" - so finding books shouldn't be too hard. I started reading challenges in June, 2009 and I've read about 35 books since then, so 74 is doable.

Thanks for hosting this challenge!

Randi said...

Hi Jen,
This sounds like a lot of fun! Very creative. I hope you have time to stop and visit.

Randi

Faith said...

Count me in, this sounds fun. I provided the link to my blog above but you'll have to scroll down to see my progress on the left of my blog. Question about the book titles. Does the first word of the title have to start with the letter or ANY word in the title can start with the letter. Thanks!

Jen said...

Thank you for joining!

Faith Bookluvr---Hon it doesn't have to be the starting word. Just any word in the title that matches your "letter"

Hugs all and I sure will be visiting hon! :)

SueFitz said...

Joining late, but sounds like fun

Tracee said...

This sounds like a lot of fun...thanks for hosting it!

Cindy said...

Sounds like a fun challenge, I am in! I noticed you didn't have a button for the challenge, so I went ahead and made one. Not really creative, but only for my own posting purposes. Hope you don't mind. Happy reading :)

Jen said...

Oh wow I hadn't even thought of doing a button! I dont mind at all hon! I just forgot and it was my first time hosting one. :)

Unknown said...

hi, i think i'll give this a shot..starting late though!

Book Dragon said...

Great idea!

Too late for this year and I'd really have to think about it for 2010. One problem I have is that I wouldn't allow A, An and The to count so I'd have to work a little harder.

Jen said...

It's not to late to join ladies. This runs until November of 2010. We're just getting started. :)

Book Dragon said...

This is nuts but I'm in! It helps that I've read 11 books in November that fit :-)

The start of any word in the title will help also.

Sharon said...

That's funny! I was just counting yesterday! Having fun with this, thanks!

Christina said...

I started this in November but didn't get around to making my blog post about it. I did so now and have everything all linked up.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I would love to join in. I have posted at my place, A View of My Life and linked it back to you. Have a great weekend!

Sherrie

Sharon said...

Hi Jen, I made a picture to go with the Monthly Mixer Mele and put it on my post about it. It is, pretty plain, not nearly as cute as the things here but if you like it..... you're welcome to it. :)

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

I actually started this challenge in November, but just realized I hadn't done my sign up post...doh!

I signed up in Mr. Linky. Thanks for the challenge! Also, I made a button for my post and sidebar. You are welcome to use it!

Here's the link to my post if you would like to see the button:

http://truebookaddictchallenges.blogspot.com/2010/01/monthly-mixer-mele.html

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I am about half way through this challenge. I have posted my latest review, number 33 at my place, Just Books. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

I finished another book for the challenge. Here's the link to the review, if interested: http://thetruebookaddict.blogspot.com/2010/01/review-lovely-bonesbook-and-movie.html

Jen said...

Michelle I want to see that movie! I have it on Book CD but have not finished lstening to it yet. :)

Sharon said...

Hi Jen, I'm dropping by to see how everyone is doing. So far I've been able to use all the books I've read. Things are coming along!

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Another book completed for the challenge! Read my review here: http://thetruebookaddict.blogspot.com/2010/02/review-shutter-islandbook-and-movie.html

So glad you like the button! It looks great =O)

Aleksandra said...

Ok, I'm little late signing up for this challenge, but I hope I'll be able finish it.

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Finished another book for the challenge: http://thetruebookaddict.blogspot.com/2010/03/book-review-silent-governess-by-julie.html

Woo hoo!

Jen said...

Nice job all! I have a few I need to add that I forgot. I am so bad at not adding them as I along.

It's not to late join this one!

Keep up the great work all!

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Hey Jenn! Just stopped by with an update. I've read 9 books for the challenge. I know I can complete it...just had a slow start so far! Here's my latest review:

http://thetruebookaddict.blogspot.com/2010/05/book-review-hush-by-kate-white.html